The West of England Carbon Challenge focuses on carbon emissions, the most significant of the greenhouse gases. By signing up, members agree to measure energy usage at their sites in the region, which they then submit through EnergyDeck.
WECC is powered by EnergyDeck, a web-based platform that allows our community of members to:
- Measure, monitor and manage their carbon footprint, from energy use (e.g. electricity and gas) through to transport.
- Benchmark themselves against others, and learn from successful projects.
EnergyDeck makes it easy for you to:
- calculate your carbon footprint
- track your usage on graphs by use, cost and CO2 emissions
- benchmark your performance against your peers and industry standards
EnergyDeck has a number of advanced features available which allow you to upload data and analyse your performance. It’s quick and easy to set up an account and join our group.
Members must submit data at least once a year. We actively encourage organisations to gather and monitor their energy data more regularly – ideally on a monthly basis. This will help members understand their current performance, monitor their progress accurately and rectify easily any irregularities in the figures.
As a minimum, members must collect and submit energy data for their sites. For the data to be credible we require at least two thirds – or 67% – of each site’s data to be accurate (not estimated).
This will include:
- Electricity - meter readings or consumption data submitted in kilowatt hours (kWh)
- Gas - meter readings / consumption data submitted in kWh
- Fuel oil, LPG, coal - in tonnes, kilograms, kWh or litres
- Verified emissions - covered by IPPC Directive or the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.